Complex manufacturing businesses are struggling to improve the quality of their products because of the limitations of paper-based systems. Just consider how often you lose pieces of paper in a day, then double or triple that based on the size of your workforce; that is how many times you are probably losing paper on the shop floor resulting in rework and delays.
The reason paper loss is such a significant issue is because you never know exactly where you left off on that piece of paper before it was misplaced. You could miss potential requirements, steps and in-process inspections that are critical to the fabrication of your product. Solumina helps by eliminating the need for paper in your quality processes.
Having an electronic integrated quality system like Solumina gives manufacturers the ability to pre-configure checklists that are necessary. This ensures all of your in-process inspections are met and recorded. You don’t have to worry about someone losing their place on a page or losing pieces of paper. Facilitating communication electronically allows quality issues to be brought up and resolved right away.
For more information on paper-based systems on the shop floor, please read: “Taking Enterprise Quality Management to the Next Level.”
- Shop Floor Paperwork is a Drag - July 23, 2013
- Do You Know What’s Happening on your Shop Floor? - July 15, 2013
- Supply Chain ROI - July 10, 2013
- Solumina isn’t your typical Manufacturing Execution System - June 20, 2013
- Webinar: Do we need to integrate PLM and Execution Systems? Isn’t ERP Enough? - June 13, 2013
- Looking to Increase Your Shop Floor Efficiency? - June 5, 2013
- Four Features that Set Solumina Apart - May 24, 2013
- How iBASEt Got Its Start - May 15, 2013
- Paper Kills: Eliminate Paper Constraints - April 30, 2013
- Look to your Supply Chain for Cost Savings - April 25, 2013