As a long-lasting fixture in the discrete, complex industry – with customers such as Lockheed Martin, United Technologies and BAE Systems – many wonder how did this family-owned company get its start?
iBASEt was founded in 1986 by Amrik Poonian. The company was originally a telecommunications consulting company called Telecom Solutions. When the company landed a contract with McDonnell Douglas at the C-17 facility in Long Beach, Calif., to create software that would improve efficiency and eliminate paperwork for workers, the company changed its focus. Shortly after in 1998, Amrik passed away and his wife Ladeira took over.
Ladeira left her career at Mission Hospital in Mission Viejo, Calif., where she was a nursing supervisor for high-risk patients. She used those split second decision-making skills upon her start at iBASEt. She promoted Vic Sial to president because Amrik always said he was “a guy you can trust.” She then renamed the company to iBASEt (short for “information-based technology”) and the company’s top product from Shop Floor 2000 to Solumina.
But Amrik’s vision for the company is still firmly in place. It was his goal to ensure that all stakeholders of the company – specifically, its customers, employees, suppliers and shareholders – are absolutely delighted with the interactions of the company.
Today, nine out of the top 10 aerospace and defense companies are using Solumina. iBASEt also includes Supplier Quality (SQA) and Maintenance Repair and Overhaul (MRO) services, and has added the medical device industry to its portfolio demographic.
For more information about iBASEt’s history, vision and mission, please watch this short video.
- Shop Floor Paperwork is a Drag - July 23, 2013
- Do You Know What’s Happening on your Shop Floor? - July 15, 2013
- Supply Chain ROI - July 10, 2013
- Solumina isn’t your typical Manufacturing Execution System - June 20, 2013
- Webinar: Do we need to integrate PLM and Execution Systems? Isn’t ERP Enough? - June 13, 2013
- Looking to Increase Your Shop Floor Efficiency? - June 5, 2013
- Four Features that Set Solumina Apart - May 24, 2013
- How iBASEt Got Its Start - May 15, 2013
- Paper Kills: Eliminate Paper Constraints - April 30, 2013
- Look to your Supply Chain for Cost Savings - April 25, 2013