Ladeira Poonian recently shared her journey to becoming the CEO of iBASEt with an Executive MBA class at the University of Southern California. As a high-risk nurse by trade, she never thought she would be standing at the helm of a high-tech software company after the unfortunate passing of the founder and her husband, Amrik Poonian.
Her story is especially moving for me because I lived it, too. Ladeira’s my mom, and she is a great inspiration for me and our coworkers at iBASEt.
At USC, she recounted the many ups and downs, and lessons learned from running a successful organization. In addition to the many people depending on her, Ladeira was motivated to fulfill the legacy of her husband’s vision: to create a more efficient and practical approach to the manufacturing paradigm.
And that’s one reason why Ladeira is so proud of Solumina. It is exactly what Amrik envisioned for the software. Along with the experienced team surrounding her, Ladeira helped guide Solumina into the digital age – where a product’s lifecycle could be managed in a paperless environment.
This technology also gave birth to the concept of concurrent engineering where planning, execution and quality could coexist in one streamlined software application. Digitalizing the product’s lifecycle enables new data to be updated and maintained in real-time across the entire product platform, successfully feeding to all work flow processes. What once took months to accomplish can now be completed in days, if not hours.
My dad’s vision is being realized today with Solumina, and I am thrilled to be a part of it.
For a plan of best practices for engineering and production, please read: “A Roadmap to Concurrent Engineering 2.0”.
- iBASEt Extends the Digital Thread with Release of iBASEt PLM Connector - June 18, 2018
- Benefits of Adopting the Digital Thread - November 10, 2017
- Solumina Deployed by BAE Systems to Achieve Operational Excellence - February 3, 2016
- iBASEt Discusses Digital Thread to Manufacturing at AeroDef 2016 - January 19, 2016
- 10 Technologies Driving the Future of Manufacturing - December 15, 2015
- The Top 100 Defense Companies of 2015 - December 14, 2015
- Analytics, Big Data and Sensor Integration Are the Future According to Internet of Things App Developers - December 6, 2015
- The 50 Most Innovative Companies of 2015 Are Defining The Future of Manufacturing - December 3, 2015
- 7 Key Take-Aways And Predictions From IDG’s 2015 Enterprise Cloud Computing Survey - November 30, 2015
- 10 Predictions for Manufacturing Execution Systems and Manufacturing Intelligence In 2016 - November 24, 2015