Foothill Ranch, Calif., September 3, 2014 — iBASEt, the creators of Solumina’s Product Lifecycle Execution (PLE) software suite, announced today that Textron Systems, a leading provider of advanced marine craft and armored vehicles to United States and international customers, is going live with Solumina’s Manufacturing Execution System (MES), including Quality, Planning, Work In Process and Business Integration Services modules to streamline their global manufacturing operations.
Textron Selects iBASEt’s Manufacturing Execution System
Textron Systems chose to standardize on iBASEt’s Manufacturing Execution System to efficiently manage thousands of mission critical requirements and operations while providing managers with instant control and visibility into as-built manufacturing work processes, while also delivering digital work instructions all through one fully integrated system. Textron Systems relies on Solumina today to capture all manufacturing data during the entire product’s manufacturing lifecycle, providing detailed manufacturing information easily accessible through dashboards, graphs and reports at the click of a button.
Additionally, because Solumina incorporates strict Six-Sigma and ISO-9000 process control methodology, Textron Systems is enhancing quality checks and balances throughout its manufacturing operations, resulting in a significant reduction in defects, increased throughput and enhanced collaboration between engineers and manufacturers.
“We look forward to contributing to Textron Systems continued attainment of their Product Lifecycle Execution objectives and strategies. This deployment sets the foundation for long term asset management and overhaul,” said Michel Gadbois, VP of Worldwide Sales. “More importantly, implementing an out-of-the-box solution like Solumina with over 3,900 built-in functions has made a successful implementation achievable with a low ratio of services cost to software”.
The additional Quality, Planning, Work In Process and Business Integration Services modules will be utilized in Textron Systems’ New Orleans-based Shipyard Operations with plans to point Solumina across all of its programs.
iBASEt is a leading provider of software solutions to complex, highly regulated industries, like Aerospace and Defense, Medical Devices, Nuclear, Industrial Equipment, Electronics and Shipbuilding. iBASEt’s Solumina software streamlines and integrates Manufacturing Execution System and Operations Management (MES/MOM), Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) and Enterprise Quality Management System (EQMS) for operations and Supplier Quality Management. Solumina is implemented by industry leaders, including BAE Systems, Airbus Space & Defense, General Dynamics, Lockheed Martin, NASA, Northrop Grumman, Textron and United Technologies.
- Benefits of Adopting the Digital Thread - November 10, 2017
- Solumina Deployed by BAE Systems to Achieve Operational Excellence - February 3, 2016
- iBASEt Discusses Digital Thread to Manufacturing at AeroDef 2016 - January 19, 2016
- 10 Technologies Driving the Future of Manufacturing - December 15, 2015
- The Top 100 Defense Companies of 2015 - December 14, 2015
- Analytics, Big Data and Sensor Integration Are the Future According to Internet of Things App Developers - December 6, 2015
- The 50 Most Innovative Companies of 2015 Are Defining The Future of Manufacturing - December 3, 2015
- 7 Key Take-Aways And Predictions From IDG’s 2015 Enterprise Cloud Computing Survey - November 30, 2015
- 10 Predictions for Manufacturing Execution Systems and Manufacturing Intelligence In 2016 - November 24, 2015
- 5 Key Take-Aways From KPMG’s 2015 Global Innovation Survey: Biotech/Digital Health/Healthcare IT Lead Tech Disruption - November 14, 2015