Foothill Ranch, Calif., February 3, 2016 – iBASEt’s manufacturing operations management software suite, Solumina, is now successfully deployed with the Electronic Systems sector of global defense, aerospace and security company BAE Systems. In use at several Electronic Systems manufacturing locations, Solumina automates the sector’s Bills of Materials (BOM) management and Engineering Change Order (ECO) management, including serialized views of work orders and multilevel hold history as well as several other production processes that span the sector’s production workflows.
Earlier in the implementation, BAE Systems initiated a project to harmonize operations process management across its Electronic Systems’ manufacturing facilities, utilizing Solumina’s process planning, manufacturing execution, and enterprise quality management tools. The company’s Electronic Systems sector originally selected Solumina in February 2012 because of its extensive features and shop floor harmonization capabilities.
“The collaboration and teamwork between BAE Systems and iBASEt continues to provide our internal teams with valuable insights, intelligence and knowledge essential to enabling change management strategies to succeed,” said Steve Rubenfeld, program manager at BAE Systems.
“We’re honored to have BAE Systems as a customer and continue to look for ways we as a company can exceed their expectations and requirements on a consistent basis,” said Michel Gadbois, Vice President, Sales at iBASEt. “We celebrate their accomplishment with them, and are completely and passionately committed to their future success.”
LNS Research Praises BAE Systems’ IBASEt Implementation
Many of iBASEt’s leading customers participated in Excelerate 2015 held October 6-8, 2015 in Newport Beach, California. BAE Systems’ Steve Rubenfeld and Ryan Spurr gave the presentation, Implementing Solumina Across Multiple Sites, providing invaluable insights on how BAE Systems planned, executed, and excelled at the change management needed to ensure their success with iBASEt’s software. Attendee Andrew Hughes, Principal Analyst at LNS Research, wrote an assessment of the event and BAE Systems’ presentation, iBASEt Conference Demonstrates Depth in Discrete MES, Breadth to Follow? The following is a quote from Mr. Hughes; article:
“The floor was then left to BAE Systems to describe the implementation program for its multi-site roll-out of Solumina. This presentation described probably the best organized and executed MES implementation that I have ever seen. BAE Systems won commitment from operators to executives and built a complex but complete project organization that involved all stakeholders. Even its selection process was super thorough with a detailed study being carried out across 12 possible software vendors before the company chose iBASEt. The first five sites were started in just two phases and now roll out to other plants has started. Very impressive.”
iBASEt is a leading provider of software solutions to complex, highly regulated industries, like Aerospace and Defense, Medical Devices, Nuclear, Industrial Equipment, Electronics, and Shipbuilding. iBASEt’s Solumina software streamlines and integrates Manufacturing Execution System and Operations Management (MES/MOM), Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) and Enterprise Quality Management System (EQMS) for operations and Supplier Quality Management. Solumina is implemented by industry leaders, including BAE Systems, Airbus Space & Defense, General Dynamics, Lockheed Martin, NASA, Northrop Grumman, Textron and United Technologies.
- Benefits of Adopting the Digital Thread - November 10, 2017
- Solumina Deployed by BAE Systems to Achieve Operational Excellence - February 3, 2016
- iBASEt Discusses Digital Thread to Manufacturing at AeroDef 2016 - January 19, 2016
- 10 Technologies Driving the Future of Manufacturing - December 15, 2015
- The Top 100 Defense Companies of 2015 - December 14, 2015
- Analytics, Big Data and Sensor Integration Are the Future According to Internet of Things App Developers - December 6, 2015
- The 50 Most Innovative Companies of 2015 Are Defining The Future of Manufacturing - December 3, 2015
- 7 Key Take-Aways And Predictions From IDG’s 2015 Enterprise Cloud Computing Survey - November 30, 2015
- 10 Predictions for Manufacturing Execution Systems and Manufacturing Intelligence In 2016 - November 24, 2015
- 5 Key Take-Aways From KPMG’s 2015 Global Innovation Survey: Biotech/Digital Health/Healthcare IT Lead Tech Disruption - November 14, 2015