Lake Forest, Calif. – May 7th, 2002 – iBASEt has been awarded a contract by Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation to implement Solumina’s CAPP functionality. All Sikorsky business units are targeted for deployment of Solumina’s Process Planning solution with initial deployment at Sikorsky’s main facility in Stratford, CT. Lake Forest, Calif. – May 7th, 2002. iBASEt has been awarded a contract by Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation to implement Solumina’s CAPP functionality. All Sikorsky business units are targeted for deployment of Solumina’s Process Planning solution with initial deployment at Sikorsky’s main facility in Stratford, CT.
According to David Royal, Sikorsky CAPP Project Manager, “The Solumina CAPP implementation is part of Sikorsky’s Digital Engineering initiative, which over the next three years will focus on engineering process improvement, infrastructure enhancement, and strategic digital tool insertion. The Solumina CAPP project is an important first step towards bridging the information gap between engineering design and manufacturing. Solumina CAPP will leverage the benefits of the Digital Engineering initiative and enable multimedia authoring of manufacturing work instructions. It will be integrated into engineering, tooling and MRP systems to provide increased access to critical process and manufacturing data. Solumina CAPP will provide the foundation for 3D data usage throughout the design to build process. It also allows for web-enabled collaboration between suppliers, partners, customers and other United Technologies manufacturing facilities”. The implementation team consists of Sikorsky, iBASEt and IBM and initial deployment is scheduled for 2003.
iBASEt’s Vice President of Sales, Michel Gadbois, stated, “We are looking forward to working with Sikorsky to achieve their goal. This implementation of Solumina’s 3rd Generation CAPP tool will enable Sikorsky to author Graphic Centric work instructions and adapt to diverse generations of legacy data while taking full advantage of latest Solid Model technologies.”
Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation, a subsidiary of United Technologies Corporation of Hartford, Conn. (NYSE: UTX ), is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of advanced helicopters for commercial, industrial and military uses. United Technologies Corporation provides high technology products to the aerospace and building systems industries throughout the world and it’s subsidiaries include: Pratt & Whitney aircraft engines, Carrier heating and air-conditioning systems, Otis elevators and escalators, Hamilton Sundstrand aerospace and industrial systems and UTC Fuel Cells.
iBASEt, founded in 1986 as TSI, is a leading provider of high-tech software solutions and services. iBASEt pioneered the first client server image-based work instruction delivery and data capture system in the complex assembly, aerospace and defense markets. iBASEt’s Solumina Enterprise Execution solution is targeted at Manufacturing Planning, Plant Floor Execution and Quality Management and provides a paperless connection between product engineering, ERP and the plant floor. Users report Solumina has significantly improved productivity, throughput, and provided cost savings in the millions of dollars per year. Solumina customers include industry leaders like The Boeing Company, General Dynamics, BWX Technologies, TRW and United Technologies.
iBASEt contact: Vic Sial, President (949) 598-5200 or vsial@iBASEt.com.
iBASEt Marketing contact: Conrad Leiva (949) 598-5200 or cleiva@iBASEt.com.
- Benefits of Adopting the Digital Thread - November 10, 2017
- Solumina Deployed by BAE Systems to Achieve Operational Excellence - February 3, 2016
- iBASEt Discusses Digital Thread to Manufacturing at AeroDef 2016 - January 19, 2016
- 10 Technologies Driving the Future of Manufacturing - December 15, 2015
- The Top 100 Defense Companies of 2015 - December 14, 2015
- Analytics, Big Data and Sensor Integration Are the Future According to Internet of Things App Developers - December 6, 2015
- The 50 Most Innovative Companies of 2015 Are Defining The Future of Manufacturing - December 3, 2015
- 7 Key Take-Aways And Predictions From IDG’s 2015 Enterprise Cloud Computing Survey - November 30, 2015
- 10 Predictions for Manufacturing Execution Systems and Manufacturing Intelligence In 2016 - November 24, 2015
- 5 Key Take-Aways From KPMG’s 2015 Global Innovation Survey: Biotech/Digital Health/Healthcare IT Lead Tech Disruption - November 14, 2015