Hartford, CT & Foothill Ranch, CA March 14 th, 2005 – Pratt & Whitney is deploying Solumina’s Process Planning and Work Instructions Delivery system across their MRO (maintenance, repair and overhaul) organization. After a very successful four month pilot in their East Hartford facility, Pratt & Whitney has been rolling out the Solumina Maintenance Process Planning and Execution System across their Component Repair and Engine Overhaul facilities. Pratt has completed implementation in 12 facilities around the world and plans to add another 5 facilities before the close of 2005. Pratt & Whitney’s Project manager, Richard Downing states, “We are very happy with the Process Planning and Shop Execution roll-out in our MRO organization, and are excited about our next phase rolling out Solumina CAPP and MES software into our manufacturing plants. Solumina is uniquely qualified to handle both our Maintenance and Manufacturing processes as well as integrate our entire Supplier base into one comprehensive solution. Solumina is being integrated with SAP and Unigraphics to complete our Enterprise footprint.”
iBASEt ‘s Vice President of Sales & Marketing, Michel Gadbois, stated, ” We are very pleased with our success at Pratt & Whitney. We look forward to completing their other deployments and helping Pratt & Whitney achieve record returns from their paperless execution initiative. We are also excited to provide Pratt & Whitney with a UID compliant system well in advance of their government requirements. We are delighted with the continued commitment shown by UTC subsidiaries to Solumina since iBASEt and UTC entered into a Corporate Agreement in 2003.”
Pratt & Whitney is a leader in the design, manufacture and support of engines for commercial, military and general aviation aircraft, space propulsion and power systems. Pratt & Whitney is a division of United Technologies Corporation, a $27.9 billion company that includes Otis elevators and escalators, Carrier heating and air-conditioning systems, Sikorsky helicopters and Hamilton Sundstrand aerospace systems.
iBASEt , founded in 1986, is a leading provider of high-tech software solutions and services. The company has two divisions: Solumina and Federal Systems Division ( FSD). FSD has a distinguished record supporting requirements for NAVAIR, SPAWAR, NSWC, Air Force, Marines, NASA, CENTCOM, and other agencies. iBASEt’s Solumina Division pioneered the first client server image-based work instruction delivery and data capture system in the complex assembly, aerospace and defense markets. iBASEt’s Solumina Operations Process Management solution is targeted at Process Engineering and Planning, Plant Floor Execution and Quality Management and provides a paperless connection between product engineering, ERP and the plant floor. Users report Solumina has significantly improved productivity, throughput, and provided millions of dollars in annual cost savings. Solumina customers include industry leaders like Boeing, General Dynamics, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, BWX Technologies and United Technologies.
iBASEt Sales contact: Michel Gadbois, (949) 598-5200 or mgadbois@iBASEt.com.
iBASEt Marketing contact: Conrad Leiva (949) 598-5200 or cleiva@iBASEt.com.
- Benefits of Adopting the Digital Thread - November 10, 2017
- Solumina Deployed by BAE Systems to Achieve Operational Excellence - February 3, 2016
- iBASEt Discusses Digital Thread to Manufacturing at AeroDef 2016 - January 19, 2016
- 10 Technologies Driving the Future of Manufacturing - December 15, 2015
- The Top 100 Defense Companies of 2015 - December 14, 2015
- Analytics, Big Data and Sensor Integration Are the Future According to Internet of Things App Developers - December 6, 2015
- The 50 Most Innovative Companies of 2015 Are Defining The Future of Manufacturing - December 3, 2015
- 7 Key Take-Aways And Predictions From IDG’s 2015 Enterprise Cloud Computing Survey - November 30, 2015
- 10 Predictions for Manufacturing Execution Systems and Manufacturing Intelligence In 2016 - November 24, 2015
- 5 Key Take-Aways From KPMG’s 2015 Global Innovation Survey: Biotech/Digital Health/Healthcare IT Lead Tech Disruption - November 14, 2015