Foothill Ranch, CA & Longueuil, Quebec, April 30, 2003 – Pratt & Whitney Canada (PWC) in their continuing efforts to eliminate waste and reduce costs throughout their operations are piloting Solumina’s Paperless Operations Management Software Solution in their Manufacturing Operations area.
PWC have always been at the forefront of innovation on their shop floor – from leading edge CAD/CAM deployments to self-developed machine monitoring and control technologies that eliminate waste. Continuing this tradition, Pratt & Whitney Canada have the intention to gradually turning their Manufacturing Operations area paperless through the use of Solumina. PWC has been piloting Solumina for the past 3 months in their Integrated Fan-Blade area with great success. The duration of the roll-out will be established by PW Cover the course of the coming months.
iBASEt’s Vice President of Sales, Michel Gadbois, stated, “We are honored that the world’s premier manufacturer of Regional/Commuter Jet Engines has selected iBASEt to assist them in their continuous improvement efforts. PWC has been very committed to making real-life changes to their manufacturing processes in order to eliminate waste and improve quality.”
About Pratt & Whitney Canada
P&WC, based in Longueuil, Quebec, is a world leader in aviation engines powering business and regional aircraft and helicopters. The company also offers advanced engines for industrial applications. P&WC’s operations and service network span the globe. P&WC is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corporation (NYSE:UTX), a high-technology company based in Hartford, Connecticut.
- Solumina Deployed by BAE Systems to Achieve Operational Excellence - February 3, 2016
- iBASEt Discusses Digital Thread to Manufacturing at AeroDef 2016 - January 19, 2016
- 10 Technologies Driving the Future of Manufacturing - December 15, 2015
- The Top 100 Defense Companies of 2015 - December 14, 2015
- Analytics, Big Data and Sensor Integration Are the Future According to Internet of Things App Developers - December 6, 2015
- The 50 Most Innovative Companies of 2015 Are Defining The Future of Manufacturing - December 3, 2015
- 7 Key Take-Aways And Predictions From IDG’s 2015 Enterprise Cloud Computing Survey - November 30, 2015
- 10 Predictions for Manufacturing Execution Systems and Manufacturing Intelligence In 2016 - November 24, 2015
- 5 Key Take-Aways From KPMG’s 2015 Global Innovation Survey: Biotech/Digital Health/Healthcare IT Lead Tech Disruption - November 14, 2015
- 56% of Enterprises Will Increase Their Investment in Big Data Analytics Over the Next Three Years - November 10, 2015