FOOTHILL RANCH, Calif. November 20, 2006 – EMS Technologies, Inc. has deployed Solumina’s Operations Process Management software solution in their Norcross Defense and Space Systems facility to eliminate paper-based procedures and streamline procedures for their shop floor.
EMS has a long history of innovative thinking and rapid and continuous improvement. It was a natural progression for EMS to look at streamlining their information delivery, data collection and quality management processes. Frank Cannizzaro, Director of Manufacturing at EMS Technologies, Inc., stated, “We are looking forward to working with iBASEt and using Solumina to enhance the quality and effort of our work plan generation, grow our data tracking ability, improve our quality measurement data gathering, and reap the benefits of transforming our machining shops and integration areas to a paperless environment. Solumina was selected because it allows us to replace several of our legacy systems and databases and ties in well with our existing MRP system.”
iBASEt’s President, Vic Sial, stated, “We are pleased to have added EMS to our growing customer base. EMS sets the standard in their field with continued innovation and process improvement. We are looking forward to helping EMS achieve significant returns from their investment in Solumina.”
About EMS Corporation
EMS Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: ELMG – News) is a leading innovator in the design and manufacture of wireless, satellite and defense solutions, and focuses its unique range of advanced technologies on the needs of broadband and mobile information users. The Company is headquartered in Atlanta, has approximately 1,400 workers worldwide, and operates manufacturing facilities in Atlanta, Ottawa, Montreal and Brazil.
iBASEt, founded in 1986, is a leading provider of high-tech software solutions and services. The company has two divisions: Solumina and Federal Systems Division (FSD). FSD has a distinguished record supporting requirements for NAVAIR, SPAWAR, NSWC, Air Force, Marines, NASA, CENTCOM, and other agencies. iBASEt’s Solumina Division pioneered the first client server image-based work instruction delivery and data capture system in the complex assembly, aerospace and defense markets. iBASEt’s Solumina Operations Process Management solution is targeted at Process Engineering and Planning, Plant Floor Execution and Quality Management and provides a paperless connection between product engineering, ERP and the plant floor. Users report Solumina has significantly improved productivity, throughput, and provided millions of dollars in annual cost savings. Solumina customers include industry leaders like United Space Alliance, United Technologies (Pratt & Whitney and Sikorsky), Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics, BWX Technologies and Northrop Grumman.
Michel Gadbois (Sales), 949-598-5200 mgadbois@iBASEt.com
Conrad Leiva (Marketing), 949-598-5200 cleiva@iBASEt.com
- Benefits of Adopting the Digital Thread - November 10, 2017
- Solumina Deployed by BAE Systems to Achieve Operational Excellence - February 3, 2016
- iBASEt Discusses Digital Thread to Manufacturing at AeroDef 2016 - January 19, 2016
- 10 Technologies Driving the Future of Manufacturing - December 15, 2015
- The Top 100 Defense Companies of 2015 - December 14, 2015
- Analytics, Big Data and Sensor Integration Are the Future According to Internet of Things App Developers - December 6, 2015
- The 50 Most Innovative Companies of 2015 Are Defining The Future of Manufacturing - December 3, 2015
- 7 Key Take-Aways And Predictions From IDG’s 2015 Enterprise Cloud Computing Survey - November 30, 2015
- 10 Predictions for Manufacturing Execution Systems and Manufacturing Intelligence In 2016 - November 24, 2015
- 5 Key Take-Aways From KPMG’s 2015 Global Innovation Survey: Biotech/Digital Health/Healthcare IT Lead Tech Disruption - November 14, 2015