Lake Forest, Calif., August 21, 2002 – The relationship between BWX Technologies (BWXT) and iBASEt has been expanded with the recent award of a multi-million dollar contract to implement Solumina’s Process Planning and Execution functionality at a BWXT Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) business unit.
This Solumina implementation will focus on engineering process definition, work instruction delivery and non-routine management. The Solumina project is an important step towards bridging the information gap between engineering processes and procedures, and maintenance execution. Solumina will leverage the benefits of digital engineering and enable multimedia authoring of maintenance work instructions. It will be integrated into the engineering, tooling and legacy systems to provide increased access to critical procedures and maintenance data. Initial deployment is scheduled for 2003.
iBASEt’s Vice President of MRO, John Simmons, stated, “We are looking forward to working with BWXT to achieve their goal in the MRO environment. Solumina’s MRO functionality will enable BWXT to author work instructions, and procedures, integrate legacy data, while taking full advantage of latest multimedia technologies.”
iBASEt, founded in 1986 as TSI, is a leading provider of high-tech software solutions and services. The company has two divisions: Solumina and Federal Systems Division (FSD). FSD has a distinguished record supporting requirements for NAVAIRESFOR, NAVAIRSYSCOM, SPAWAR, NSWC Carderock, NSWC Indian Head, Air Force, Marines, NASA, CENTCOM and other agencies. iBASEt’s Solumina Division pioneered the first client server image-based work instruction delivery and data capture system in the complex assembly, aerospace and defense markets. iBASEt’s Solumina Enterprise Execution solution is targeted at Manufacturing Planning, Plant Floor Execution and Quality Management and provides a paperless connection between product engineering, ERP and the plant floor. Users report Solumina has significantly improved productivity, throughput, and provided millions of dollars in annual cost savings. Solumina customers include industry leaders like The Boeing Company, General Dynamics, BWX Technologies, TRW and United Technologies.
iBASEt Sales contact: Michel Gadbois, (949) 598-5200 or mgadbois@iBASEt.com.
iBASEt Marketing contact: Conrad Leiva (949) 598-5200 or cleiva@iBASEt.com.
- Benefits of Adopting the Digital Thread - November 10, 2017
- Solumina Deployed by BAE Systems to Achieve Operational Excellence - February 3, 2016
- iBASEt Discusses Digital Thread to Manufacturing at AeroDef 2016 - January 19, 2016
- 10 Technologies Driving the Future of Manufacturing - December 15, 2015
- The Top 100 Defense Companies of 2015 - December 14, 2015
- Analytics, Big Data and Sensor Integration Are the Future According to Internet of Things App Developers - December 6, 2015
- The 50 Most Innovative Companies of 2015 Are Defining The Future of Manufacturing - December 3, 2015
- 7 Key Take-Aways And Predictions From IDG’s 2015 Enterprise Cloud Computing Survey - November 30, 2015
- 10 Predictions for Manufacturing Execution Systems and Manufacturing Intelligence In 2016 - November 24, 2015
- 5 Key Take-Aways From KPMG’s 2015 Global Innovation Survey: Biotech/Digital Health/Healthcare IT Lead Tech Disruption - November 14, 2015