Foothill Ranch, Calif. – July 20, 2006– BAE Systems in Anniston, Ala., is deploying iBASEt’s Solumina to streamline shop floor processes including data collection, verification checks, and recording of the as-built information.
“Solumina will provide the operators with a common interface that gives them access to all necessary information and allows them to stay productive,” said Dennis Burke, BAE Systems’ IT manager for the Anniston facility “It is a tool that is important to the progress of our Rapid and Continuous Improvement strategy. Solumina is also helping institutionalize some of our Lean concepts.”
“We used to complete our as-built records on paper once and then have to do it all over again on a government mandated form. We now collect data accurately once and send the proper as-built data to our customers either electronically or as a report. Selecting Solumina was a strategic decision on our behalf to improve communications across our vehicle transformation lines,” said Charlie Redmon, Operations Manager
“We are pleased to be able to assist BAE Systems, clearly an innovative leader in their field. We plan to build a strong relationship and continue to provide Solumina capabilities in support of all of their Shop Floor and Supplier Quality improvement efforts,” stated Michel Gadbois, iBASEt’s vice-president of Sales & Marketing.
The BAE Systems facility in Anniston is a leading developer and producer of track components for military vehicles as well as advanced track solutions that extend the life and provide improved ride quality. It also has an expanded vehicle upgrade and rebuild facility to support the remanufacture and overhaul of military tracked vehicles.
About BAE Systems
BAE Systems is the premier transatlantic defence and aerospace company delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, information technology solutions and customer support services. With more than 100,000 employees worldwide, BAE Systems sales exceeded $28 billion in 2005.
iBASEt, founded in 1986, is a leading provider of high-tech software solutions and services. The company has two divisions: Solumina and Federal Systems Division (FSD). FSD has a distinguished record supporting requirements for NAVAIR, SPAWAR, NSWC, Air Force, Marines, CENTCOM, and other agencies. iBASEt’s Solumina Division pioneered in 1995 the first client server image-based work instruction delivery and data capture system in the complex assembly aerospace and defense markets, and pioneered in 2005 the first Operations Process Management suite for the entire product lifecycle including supplier chain, production and aftermarket services. iBASEt’s Solumina Operations Process Management solution is targeted at Process Engineering and Planning, Plant Floor Execution and Quality Management and provides a paperless connection between product engineering, ERP and the plant floor. Users report Solumina has significantly improved productivity, throughput, and provided millions of dollars in annual cost savings. Solumina customers include industry leaders like United Space Alliance, Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics, BWX Technologies, and United Technologies.
iBASEt Sales contact: Michel Gadbois, (949) 598-5262 or mgadbois@iBASEt.com
iBASEt Marketing contact: Conrad Leiva (949) 598-5224 or cleiva@iBASEt.com
- Benefits of Adopting the Digital Thread - November 10, 2017
- Solumina Deployed by BAE Systems to Achieve Operational Excellence - February 3, 2016
- iBASEt Discusses Digital Thread to Manufacturing at AeroDef 2016 - January 19, 2016
- 10 Technologies Driving the Future of Manufacturing - December 15, 2015
- The Top 100 Defense Companies of 2015 - December 14, 2015
- Analytics, Big Data and Sensor Integration Are the Future According to Internet of Things App Developers - December 6, 2015
- The 50 Most Innovative Companies of 2015 Are Defining The Future of Manufacturing - December 3, 2015
- 7 Key Take-Aways And Predictions From IDG’s 2015 Enterprise Cloud Computing Survey - November 30, 2015
- 10 Predictions for Manufacturing Execution Systems and Manufacturing Intelligence In 2016 - November 24, 2015
- 5 Key Take-Aways From KPMG’s 2015 Global Innovation Survey: Biotech/Digital Health/Healthcare IT Lead Tech Disruption - November 14, 2015