iBASEt is seeking an experienced User Experience Designer. The User Experience Designer will be designing the next generation web user interface for the company’s flagship product Solumina. The UX designer will work collaboratively with other teams from conception through implementation and beyond. This position requires a technically savvy candidate with working knowledge of front end(web) coding practices that can perform various functions including: ergonomics, research, analysis, information architecture, interaction design and visual design.
The UX designer will follow a user-centered design process, understanding various industry users aptitudes, expectations, and motivations. In this role you will design from a user-perspective balancing user expectations alongside business requirements and technical capabilities. You will work closely with product committee, business analysts, software developers and web designers to determine necessary features and drive the design of the product. The ideal candidate will have experience conducting user research, extracting requirements, designing an interaction framework, iterating the framework, and presenting ideas to stakeholders.
Design and deliver consistent, compelling, elegant, ergonomic and sophisticated end user experience solutions, from eliciting and defining user needs to delivering concepts, prioritizing features, presenting and evaluating prototypes, and validating user experience feedback.
Work closely and efficiently within a dynamic cross-functional team that includes Developers, Product Management, Business Analysts and Quality Assurance.
Quickly and iteratively create artifacts that define product functionality, transform business requirements into conceptualizations and effectively communicate overall user experience. Artifacts include:
Personas, process flows, screen flows, storyboards, usage scenarios, detailed descriptions of proposed interactions, usage models, information architecture, site maps, page flows, sketches, conceptual mockups, wireframes and other user experience designs as needed.
- Min of 4 years of experience working as a User Experience Designer, Interaction Designer, Information Architect in the design of websites, web applications, and/or mobile applications.
- Equivalent experience in end user research, including conducting usability tests.
- Understanding of UI/UX principles and best practices, and the latest trends in design and user experience.
- Knowledge of related disciplines such as information architecture, interaction design and end user research.
- Understanding of user-centered design methods and usability principles
- Understanding of the technical implications of design.
- Knowledge of and experience creating UX deliverables such as personas, scenarios, use cases, user stories, task flows, flow charts, storyboards, site maps, information architectures, mockups, wireframes, prototypes, user interface, and style guides.
- A critical eye for clean visual designs.
- Take an idea from concept to implementation
- Creativity, interaction design and problem solving ability.
- Design skills, including strong understanding of typography, layout, color, and composition and visualization principles
- Understanding of the web, and it’s associated technologies – their power and limitations
- Knowledge of Web standards development and best practices
- Creative problem-solver
- Ability to work effectively on teams
- Skilled communicator
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to work with highly technical teams in an agile, fast-paced environment.
Physical and Travel Requirements:
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility.
- May require some light to physical effort.
- Usual office working conditions.
iBASEt’s office is in Orange County next to several coffee shops, parks, and restaurants. A multi-mile hiking trail is next door, Laguna Beach is less than ½ hour away, traffic is light, and the weather can’t be beat. We believe that our team members are crucial to our success and pride ourselves in offering robust benefits including medical, dental, 401K with match, wellness programs, and company bashes. Also we understand that life can sometimes get in the way of work so we try to accommodate our team members with a flexible work environment.
iBASEt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.