At iBASEt, we are revolutionizing the factory floor. We provide high-end manufacturers – such as United Technologies (UTC), Lockheed Martin, and General Dynamics – an integrated, paperless, commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) solution to optimize shop floor execution. Our products build in quality from start to finish by streamlining integrated functions across a product’s lifecycle from engineering to the supplier network, production and aftermarket services. iBASEt is growing and committed to seizing the tremendous opportunities in our market space. We value our collaborative partnerships with our customers and are proud of the numerous industry awards we have received for our innovation.
JOB TITLE: Technical Customer Service Agent
DEPARTMENT: Customer Care
REPORTS TO: Customer Care Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Under general supervision, Technical Customer Service Agent will provide technical and problem resolution to end-users (customers) by performing a question diagnosis while guiding users through step-by-step solutions. Support will be provided by clearly communicating technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner. Representatives will perform related work as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interact with customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests about products and service.
- Gather customer’s information and determine the issue by evaluating and analyzing the symptoms.
- Research required information using available resources.
- Follow standard processes and procedures.
- Identify and escalate priority issues per Client specifications.
- Redirect problems to appropriate resource.
- Accurately process and record call transactions using a computer and designated tracking software.
- Offer alternative solutions where appropriate with the objective of retaining customers’ and clients’ business.
- Organize ideas and communicate oral messages appropriate to listeners and situations.
- Follow up and make scheduled call backs to customers where necessary.
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates.
- Works as a team member mutually sharing and advising each other in the rapid addressing of complex issues.
- Promote Company image to peers, visitors and customers through positive, constructive, and realistic interpretation, analysis, and discussion of technical problems, issues and options.
- Proper phone etiquette.
- Ability to speak and write clearly.
- Demonstrate proficiency in typing and grammar.
- Knowledge or relevant software computer application and equipment.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Effective listening skills.
- Willingness to co-operate with others and work for the greater good.
- Multi-tasking capabilities.
- Relevant technical degree and manufacturing applications experience a plus, specially MES, ERP and PDM systems.
- Knowledge and experience with PLSQL and /or TSQL programming and tools such as Subversion, Eclipse and Tomcat is a plus.
- Must be able to work independently, as needed.
- US security is a plus, must be a US citizen
- Exemplary Attendance and Punctuality
- Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in personal work tasks or work environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Focuses and guides self and team members in accomplishing work objectives.
- Interacts with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
- Clearly conveys and receives information and ideas, through a variety of media, to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience, helping them understand and retain the message, and permitting response and feedback from the listener.
- Makes customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
- Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; and takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Deals effectively with others in antagonistic situations, using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict.
- Establishes proper courses of action to ensure that work product is completed efficiently and on time/within proper time limits.
- Maintains stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
- Possesses, acquires, and maintains the technical/professional expertise required to do the job effectively and to create effective customer solutions. Technical/professional expertise is demonstrated through problem solving, applying technical knowledge, and product and service management for the functional area in which employee operates.
- Actively appreciates and includes the diverse capabilities, insights, and ideas of others and working effectively and respectfully with individuals of diverse backgrounds, styles, abilities, and motivations.
- Sets high standards of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
Physical Requirements / Work Environment:
- Regularly required to stand or sit, reach, bend and move about the facility
- May require some light physical effort
- Usual office working conditions
iBASEt’s office is in Orange County next to several coffee shops, parks, and restaurants. A multi-mile hiking trail is next door, Laguna Beach is less than ½ hour away, traffic is light, and the weather can’t be beat. We believe that our team members are crucial to our success and pride ourselves in offering robust benefits including medical, dental, 401K with match, wellness programs, and company bashes. Also we understand that life can sometimes get in the way of work so we try to accommodate our team members with a flexible work environment.
iBASEt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.