At iBASEt, we are revolutionizing the factory floor. We provide high-end manufacturers – such as United Technologies (UTC), Lockheed Martin, and General Dynamics – an integrated, paperless, commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) solution to optimize shop floor execution. Our products build in quality from start to finish by streamlining integrated functions across a product’s lifecycle from engineering to the supplier network, production and aftermarket services. iBASEt is growing and committed to seizing the tremendous opportunities in our market space. We value our collaborative partnerships with our customers and are proud of the numerous industry awards we have received for our innovation.
Job Title: Support Software Engineer
Reports to: Vice-President of Professional Services
FLSA Status: Exempt
Interface with customers, Technical and Analyst staff to address/correct software issues in collaboration with internal programmers, database engineers/administrators, systems analysts, program managers, and R&D engineers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoots and repairs product defects as assigned by Department Manager following the specified documentation requirements based on information in support of product patch management.
- Ensures that technical lead/management remains informed of status, and technical issues affecting scope and/or schedule of assigned tasks by formal and informal means.
- Assists implementation and prototype projects as directed by Department Manager.
- Works as a team member mutually sharing and advising each other in the rapid addressing of complex issues.
- Advises and delegates specific tasks to others when appropriate or as requested by Department Manager.
- Promote Company image to peers, visitors and customers through positive, constructive, and realistic interpretation, analysis, and discussion of technical problems, issues and options.
- Conform to relevant industry and company standards for coding and documentation of assigned tasks, including the utilization of specified commercial or in-house development and source code control software, the maintenance of journals, the adoption of company header and comment conventions, the crisp communication of status and code changes, the implementation of conventional and RAD development procedures and protocol, and the recommendation of coding styles and approaches.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Adhere to any customer data access requirements.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Must have at least 1-2 years of Java programming experience, with particular emphasis in database.
- J2EE technology, web applications, EJB, JMS, XML, Spring Framework, Hibernate, Maven, Eclipse a plus
- Manufacturing applications experience a plus, specially MES, ERP and PDM systems.
- Knowledge and experience with PLSQL and /or TSQL programming and tools such as Subversion, Eclipse and Tomcat is a plus.
- Must be able to communicate with customers and remotely diagnose issues.
- Must be quick to grasp concepts, ideas and facts.
- Must be able to crisply and quickly convey issues, designs, tradeoffs, concerns and/or status. Must have a “can-do” attitude.
- Must be able to work independently, as needed.
- US security clearance is a plus.
Physical Requirements / Work Environment:
- Regularly required to stand or sit, reach, bend and move about the facility and use of onsite workout room recommended
- Usual office working conditions
iBASEt’s office is in Orange County next to several coffee shops, parks, and restaurants. A multi-mile hiking trail is next door, Laguna Beach is less than ½ hour away, traffic is light, and the weather can’t be beat. We believe that our team members are crucial to our success and pride ourselves in offering robust benefits including medical, dental, 401K with match, wellness programs, and company bashes. Also we understand that life can sometimes get in the way of work so we try to accommodate our team members with a flexible work environment.
iBASEt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.