At iBASEt, we are revolutionizing the factory floor. We provide high-end manufacturers – such as United Technologies (UTC), Lockheed Martin, and General Dynamics – an integrated, paperless, commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) solution to optimize shop floor execution. Our products build in quality from start to finish by streamlining integrated functions across a product’s lifecycle from engineering to the supplier network, production and aftermarket services. iBASEt is growing and committed to seizing the tremendous opportunities in our market space. We value our collaborative partnerships with our customers and are proud of the numerous industry awards we have received for our innovation.
JOB TITLE: Senior Project Manager
DEPARTMENT: Global Services
REPORTS TO: Director, Global Services
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
The iBASEt Global Services Senior Project Manager is responsible for planning, launching, monitoring, reporting and managing day-to-day activities of assigned large, complex projects, per industry best practices and the iBASEt PMO standards, and in collaboration with Program Managers, Functional and Technical consultants, along with Sales and Product teams. The Project Manager ensures that work activities are properly defined, planned, and executed on time and per the budget. He/she will ensure that projects are properly staffed, and that issues and risks are closely monitored and under control. The Project Manager will act as the main interface / point of contact for customers during the life of the projects, and will ensure proper communication and expectation management between stakeholders, to warrant project success and customer satisfaction. This position will also lead or support internal continuous improvement initiatives as required, and mentor entry- to mid-level project managers as required
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as focal point of communication with customers and within the Company for assigned projects.
- Responsible for the overall performance of assigned projects, including performance to schedule, budget, scope and deliverable quality.
- Plans, forecasts, and negotiates tradeoffs between technical solutions, cost, schedule, and performance parameters of assigned projects and modifications thereof.
- Ensure issues and risks are closely monitored and under control, with adequate resolution, mitigation and/or contingency plans.
- Responsible for successful delivery/implementation of MES Application from initiation to closure.
- Prepares customer proposals, statements of work (SOW) and quotes for services.
- Supports the drafting and negotiations of contracts and changes.
- Effectively manages relationships with customer’s management, project managers and project teams.
- Reports on project progress and health to customers and iBASEt management on a regular basis
- Uses common project management tools including task development, project planning, status reviewing, resource planning, issue tracking, risk management and contingency planning, estimating and forecasting, and documentation for assigned projects. Responsible for reporting/tracking project financial status and progress.
- Manage project resources and support multiple projects concurrently. Ensure that management remains informed of the cost, schedule, and performance of each assigned project by formal and informal means. Responsible for project plan creation and resource assignment, updating and execution
- Provides on-site presence at customer facilities for assigned project to facilitate efficient and accurate communication.
- Creates focus and direction for assigned projects through efficient communicating, facilitating constructive discussion and consensus building, and defining project objectives, issues, and work plans. Determines priorities, planning budgets, deploying allotted resources, and establishing tactical project strategies
- Promotes Company image to Customers through impeccable communication, proactive thinking, positive, constructive feedback realistic interpretation, presentation (reporting), and discussion of problems and issues.
- Mentors entry- to mid-level project managers a required
- Minimum BS in Computer Science or Information System or related fields
- Must have at least 8 years of Project Manager experience in
- Manufacturing application implementation (ERP, MES or PLM).
- Familiar with Jira (Issue Tracking System), Confluence (Wiki), MS SharePoint and CMMI
- MS Project, MS Project Server, EXCEL, and Deltek, Manufacturing Systems: Solumina Application
- Familiar with Manufacturing Processes, Supplier Quality
- Highly experienced in Project Management tools such as MS Project, MS Project Server
- Able to work with and analyze large amounts of data to generate management reports for project performance.
- Ability to perform in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. Must be politically and diplomatically astute.
- Must be able to quickly and effectively convey issues, concerns, and/or status as requested by management and customers.
- Must have impeccable communication and excellent customer relationship management skills. Must be able to work as directed and autonomously.
- PMP certification is strong plus
Physical and Travel Requirements:
- Regularly required to stand or sit, reach, bend and move about
- May require some light physical effort
- Must be flexible to travel to customer sites within the United States and overseas when needed
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of time
iBASEt’s office is in Orange County next to several coffee shops, parks, and restaurants. A multi-mile hiking trail is next door, Laguna Beach is less than ½ hour away, traffic is light, and the weather can’t be beat. We believe that our team members are crucial to our success and pride ourselves in offering robust benefits including medical, dental, 401K with match, wellness programs, and company bashes. Also we understand that life can sometimes get in the way of work so we try to accommodate our team members with a flexible work environment.
iBASEt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.