At iBASEt, we are revolutionizing the factory floor. We provide high-end manufacturers – such as United Technologies (UTC), Lockheed Martin, and General Dynamics – an integrated, paperless, commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) solution to optimize shop floor execution. Our products build in quality from start to finish by streamlining integrated functions across a product’s lifecycle from engineering to the supplier network, production and aftermarket services. iBASEt is growing and committed to seizing the tremendous opportunities in our market space. We value our collaborative partnerships with our customers and are proud of the numerous industry awards we have received for our innovation.
JOB TITLE: Senior Business Analyst / Technical Sales Engineer – Europe
DEPARTMENT: Professional Services – Europe
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations – Europe
The Sr Business Analyst / Technical Sales Engineer acts as a Manufacturing Solution Expert during the sales process as well as during the implementation process. During the sales process, this position supports Account Executives by strategically demonstrating product functionality leveraging operational, technical and organizational knowledge along with customer business understanding to influence prospective clients and assist them in applying the products/services to their needs resulting in revenue generation. In addition, the position provides input and participates in the marketing, market planning, and technical development of products and services.During the implementation process, this role works with customers to formalize as-is processes and guide the customer in the definition of to-be processes in alignment with industry best practices and product native functionality. It also leads the functional aspects of the project by facilitating and formalizing expression of business and functional requirements, and coordinating and/or performing end-to-end tests after realization, before delivery to the customer. Furthermore, this position also coordinates day-to-day project activities with other analysts, development team and customer teams as required to ensure project success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- As a Business Analyst, help customers implement the most adequate and efficient processes and solutions by:
- Getting an in-depth understanding of existing and potential customers’ manufacturing environment and industrial operations
- Formalizing and assessing current state processes and identifying impacted areas along with opportunities for improvement
- Guiding customers in the adoption of Out-of-the-box product features and providing process (re-)engineering guidance where required.
- Working with customers to identify areas needing product re-configurations, enhancements or extansions to address critical gaps with business requirements in scope
- Facilitating meetings, workshops and brainstorming sessions to extract vetted requirements and lead definition of most effective and adequate solutions
- Leveraging effective Business Analysis techniques (workshops, interviews, surveys, tours, product and/or industry competitive analysis, etc.) to identify relevant pain points and enhancement opportunities
- Serving as a Product Subject Matter Expert, providing basic and advanced functional training to customer and service partner teams
- Coordinate activities on diverse aspects (technical, functional, communication, etc.) with internal and external stakeholders and project actors.
- As a technical sales engineer, develop and deliver sales presentations and help close sales in a professional and effective manner by:
- Providing and delivering technical presentations and videos to describe how Solumina will best meet the customer needs
- Demonstrating the Solumina product in the most relevant and effective manner
- Developing and delivering workshops and proof of concept meetings
- Maintaining up-to-date awareness of activities, industry trends & government regulations
- Establishing long-term, ongoing customer relationships
- Responding to technical requirements for customer documentation
- Evaluating product & service marketability in terms of customers’ technical & manufacturing needs
- Establishing & maintaining industry contacts that lead to sales
- Develop Statements of Work for customer deployments
- Describing industry best practices to prospects in an effective manner
- Provide fundamental training
- Lead or assist with Return on Investment (ROI) evaluations
- Recommending new technical products & product modifications or terminations
- Product testing and use case development
- Maintaining an expert knowledge of Products & Services
- Working with a wide variety of individuals at levels ranging from corporate presidents to line managers
- High pressure, constantly changing environment
- Tracking rapidly changing competition & market forces
- Meeting established sales goals and quotas
- Selling “intangibles” to manufacturing industry customers
- Maintaining an up-to-date working knowledge of newly developing technologies and manufacturing practices
- Ability to communicate technical concepts in a non-technical manner
- Be influential in changing preconceived or previously established ideas and process
- Quickly understand and react to customer needs in real time
- Bachelor’s degree in organizational management, manufacturing, engineering, or a related technical field and 5 years of field sales experience, or equivalent
- Five or more years of hands on experience in complex discrete manufacturing such as aerospace, defense, or other highly regulated manufactured products and their supply chain.
- Experience using process modeling methods and (e.g. BPMN) and tools (e.g. MS Visio)
- Experience working as a liaison between business and IT/technical teams
- Proficient knowledge of accessing and using the Internet and MS Office tools including MS Project, knowledge of computer systems functions, tools and software such as Windows, Salesforce, and Webex.
- Excellent communication and customer relations skills, both written and oral, in French and English
- Well-developed presentation skills
- Availability to travel outside the home city at least 50% of the time.
- Ability to work and problem solve individually
- Ability to work from home with minimal interruption
- Ability to travel with only days of notice
- Fluent in French and English. Third language is preferred.
- PMP certification preferred
Physical Requirements / Work Environment:
- Regularly required to stand or sit, reach, bend and move about the facility
- May require some light physical effort
- Ability to work from remote locations (home office, airport, hotel, etc)
- Typical office working conditions
- May experience various travel schedule and different time zones
- Travel times may include Sunday evenings, Friday afternoons, and/or Saturday mornings.
- International mobility: valid EU passport required
iBASEt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.