At iBASEt, we are revolutionizing the factory floor. We provide high-end manufacturers – such as United Technologies (UTC), Lockheed Martin, and General Dynamics – an integrated, paperless, commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) solution to optimize shop floor execution. Our products build in quality from start to finish by streamlining integrated functions across a product’s lifecycle from engineering to the supplier network, production and aftermarket services. iBASEt is growing and committed to seizing the tremendous opportunities in our market space. We value our collaborative partnerships with our customers and are proud of the numerous industry awards we have received for our innovation.
Position Title: Quality Assurance Test Engineer
Reports to: Quality Assurance Manager
The Quality Assurance Test Engineer will work closely with development team to develop and execute manual and automated tests. The Quality Assurance Test Engineer Participates with management and team members in estimating, planning and coordinating testing activities. The Quality Assurance Test Engineer is responsible for assuring that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked and resolved in iBASEt defects tracking systems. So, that all products are defect free and compliant with technical specifications. Quality Assurance Test Engineer supports iBASEt’s overall mission, goals and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in agile grooming, scrums and sprints, sessions to ensure full understanding of the stories/requirements/acceptance criteria to verify test-ability.
- Understand and identify data, functional, performance and security stories/requirements to ensure all test case scenarios positive and negative are covered.
- Write quality functional and performance test cases (manual & automated) and perform end to end tests on a regular basis.
- Create problem (bugs) tickets for issues identified with automation or functional tests.
- Work closely with multiple development teams to drive issue resolution.
- Identify and collaborate with appropriate teams to recommend ideas to improve product quality.
- Anticipate problems and take corrective action, escalate as needed, to resolve and achieve commitments.
- Must be extremely detail-oriented with respect to documentation and communication.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements:
(Minimum qualifications required to perform this job)
- BS/BA degree in computer science, engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years of working experience in software development and quality assurance.
- Strong knowledge of SW QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Proven experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and cases.
- Strong analytical skills and experience using Software Quality Assurance metrics, such as defect profiles and performance to entry/exit criteria.
- Proven problem solving, zero-defect with “test to break” mind set is a must
- Knowledge of software security, disciplines and standards is a plus
- Understanding of Apache/Tomcat with experience with SQL, Oracle, Java, Delphi, C++ is a plus
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Automated testing of web application is must
- Experience in REST API and React java script framework automation testing will be a plus
- Experience in any of the automation framework like webdriver, browserstack, nightwatchjs, protectortest, Sincano will be a plus
Physical Requirements / Work Environment:
- Regularly required to stand or sit, reach, bend and move about the facility
- May require some light physical effort
- Usual office working conditions
- May experience various travel schedule and different time zones
- Travel times may include Sunday evenings and Friday afternoons.