- Hybrid cloud computing, machine learning and enterprise 3D printing are predicted to reach mainstream adoption within two to five years.
- By 2020, 75% of businesses will already have transitioned to or will be in the process of becoming entirely digital businesses.
- Enterprise 3D printing is at the low end of 5%-to-20% market penetration range today.
- Seven new categories of technologies have been added for the first time this year. These include Advanced Analytics with Self-Service Delivery, Citizen Data Science, Cryptocurrency Exchange, Digital Dexterity, Micro Data Centers, People-Literate Technology and Software-Defined Security.
These and other insights are from Gartner’s latest Hype Cycle for Emerging Technologies, 2015. This latest Hype Cycle reflects nascent, emerging technologies that are attracting the most interest from Gartner clients. Gartner’s analysts have also added in technologies their research teams consider significant and worth monitoring. Gartner clients can access the full report here. For an excellent analysis of the report please see Gil Press’ post Self-Driving Cars Compete With The IoT For The Title Of Most Hyped Technology; Big Data Out.
It’s clear that Gartner is targeting enterprise leaders most influential in new technology adoption, including digital, business and market strategists in this specific hype cycle given the pragmatic focus on business outcomes.
The Gartner Hype Cycle for Emerging Technologies, 2015 is shown below:
What’s New in Gartner’s Hype Cycle for Emerging Technologies, 2015 by Heather Levy October 20, 2015
- Solumina Deployed by BAE Systems to Achieve Operational Excellence - February 3, 2016
- iBASEt Discusses Digital Thread to Manufacturing at AeroDef 2016 - January 19, 2016
- 10 Technologies Driving the Future of Manufacturing - December 15, 2015
- The Top 100 Defense Companies of 2015 - December 14, 2015
- Analytics, Big Data and Sensor Integration Are the Future According to Internet of Things App Developers - December 6, 2015
- The 50 Most Innovative Companies of 2015 Are Defining The Future of Manufacturing - December 3, 2015
- 7 Key Take-Aways And Predictions From IDG’s 2015 Enterprise Cloud Computing Survey - November 30, 2015
- 10 Predictions for Manufacturing Execution Systems and Manufacturing Intelligence In 2016 - November 24, 2015
- 5 Key Take-Aways From KPMG’s 2015 Global Innovation Survey: Biotech/Digital Health/Healthcare IT Lead Tech Disruption - November 14, 2015
- 56% of Enterprises Will Increase Their Investment in Big Data Analytics Over the Next Three Years - November 10, 2015